Chee Soon Juan's ludicrous act against judiciary exposed
FYI
2004-10-21 15:48:22 UTC
Typical ploy of Chee Soon Juan. Blow up something small and forfeit his
chance of addressing the main issue. Then turn around and cry foul. Maybe he
knows he doesn't have a case in the first place. So conveniently screw up
the proceedings and blame the system. Typical Chee Soon Juan.

---
DEFAMATION SUITS
Singaporeans will see through Chee's act

ST 21/10/2004

I REFER to the report, 'Up to judge to rule on Chee's affidavit' (ST, Oct
15).

Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan's refusal to pay an
extra $20 to file separate affidavits in the defamation suits brought
against him by Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong and Minister Mentor Lee Kuan
Yew reminded me of a scene in the movie Gandhi.

Mahatma Gandhi was arrested by the British government on a charge of
disturbing the peace. The judge ordered that he be released on bail of 100
rupees but he refused to pay and the judge finally released him without
bail. Gandhi left the courtroom to the cheers of thousands of supporters.

I see a similarity: both men refused to pay a small fee to the court as a
symbolic act of protest against the legal system. However, while Gandhi's
act stirred the support of millions of Indians and he subsequently won the
struggle for independence against the British, I do not think many
Singaporeans identified with Dr Chee's act.

Dr Chee further alleged that the staff of the court registry acted
improperly when he submitted his affidavit for filing and that newspaper
censorship has prevented Singaporeans from knowing the truth. An SDP
statement on Oct 15 says: 'It is evident that Dr Chee is not only fighting
Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the PAP but also the Registrar and the media...'

Many Singaporeans will agree that while our legal system and media may need
improvements, they have served Singapore well over the years. If Dr Chee has
any suggestions to improve the system, he can address them in an appropriate
way, and not let a minor procedural matter prevent Singaporeans from knowing
his side of the story in the defamation suits.

Great men like Gandhi and former South African president Nelson Mandela
suffered tremendously during their struggle but eventually succeeded because
the people identified with their causes.

Dr Chee is trying to make a point that he, too, suffered under the system in
his 'struggle' for more political freedom in Singapore. However, sensible
Singaporeans would see that he is just finding fault with the system and
putting up an act.

Chong Lee Ming
Kantian
2004-10-21 21:23:46 UTC
Please lah, have you ever been to sg court before? do you know how bias they
are? not that I'm siding CS, but I really think things should improve, I've
heard some lawyers are unethical too. Just recently, one of my friend sued
someone for bankruptcy, the person was requested to pay $250 every month.
However, he still have a business in malaysia and a 40% share of condo in
sg. plus a membership club, all these were discovered by my friend. I told
him they should auction those stuffs off like cub membership and etc, he
said, the person in charge of the case told him membership club have no
value, no one wants, even no value $100 still someone will buy, they were
bullishing him. He was so angry that he appeal and appeal for help and no
one seems to bother about him. This is our judicial systems, you must taste
it before you comment or take sides.

In 1517, Martin Luther, the great protestant reformation, challenged the
catholic church. They too accused the german monk (Martin Luther) as evil
and persecuted many of his followers, the catholic also spread many rumors
about him. Without him, what will the world become?
Chong Lee Ming
Observer
2004-10-22 10:46:30 UTC
Post by Kantian
Please lah, have you ever been to sg court before? do you know how bias
they are? not that I'm siding CS, but I really think things should improve
Aiyoh...its just about $20 only lar.
Why create problem for $20.

Is chee going to start wars if he become
PM over $20?
This looks like he's being petty and boorish.
Der Zählmeister
2004-10-22 14:35:54 UTC
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
Please lah, have you ever been to sg court before? do you know how bias
they are? not that I'm siding CS, but I really think things should improve
Aiyoh...its just about $20 only lar.
Why create problem for $20.
Is chee going to start wars if he become
PM over $20?
This looks like he's being petty and boorish.
like i said: now he poor ah mah! cannot claim the $20
back from NUS like last time claim taxi fare like that
ah mah!
Lau Niu
How much was the taxi fare that he claimed, $20/-?
Kantian
2004-10-22 21:29:28 UTC
$20 dollars, I don't know what he is trying to get at, but I really hope
whatever he is trying to accomplish will be great, and will open doors for
others. But if pay and pay you are going to support go ahead, then I don't
think you all should grumble about tv licenses and other unreasonable
charges being imposed on you all. You think the current situation is that
good? losing billions to industrial parks and to other investments overseas,
inreturn imposes plenty of unreasonable charges and increases for the
citizens making life difficult for all. Never appreciate those that are born
here and have contributed much, like serving NS and etc, inturn giving most
benefits and jobs to those so called FTs and scholarship to FTs. Those that
serve NS and their families have contributed much to nation building don't
even get a chance to enter the local universities. What kind of country is
this? There is a cantonese phase "finger nail bite outward and doesn't bite
inward", it basically mean you don't help your own but help others and you
are not being considered as family. Lavishing themselves with multimillion
salaries, yet refusing to provide medical and hosptialisation help to
citizens. Taking advantage of people's plight abusing powers, amending laws
by acquiring citizens land and home, for a price of $1 or much much below
market prices. You call this better then Chee?
Chlorophyll
2004-10-22 21:32:48 UTC
10 plates of char kway teow? Char way teow prices stability is the
achievement of the decade! It is a symbol of hardly any inflation! Know
where to praise and where to criticise!
Kantian
2004-10-22 23:03:52 UTC
I'm not trying to take sides and I certainly know "where to criticise",
until the day someone give me a good reason why we've to send our children
to NS and suffer and maybe even be killed, while those MIW and related li
clans send their children to NS, but as White Horses, and you tell me this
is not outwardly bias and prejudice and I will tell you, you should
seriously get your head check, and I shall stop my citicism.
Observer
2004-10-23 13:22:09 UTC
Post by Kantian
citizens. Taking advantage of people's plight abusing powers, amending
laws by acquiring citizens land and home, for a price of $1 or much much
below market prices. You call this better then Chee?
I said what makes you think chee
would be any better than what you think
the PAP is?
Kantian
2004-10-23 13:34:17 UTC
I'm not saying he is any better, but so far do we have any choice? At least,
he is the only one that is voicing out something that is unjust and once he
open doors others will benefit someways or another.
Observer
2004-10-23 14:18:08 UTC
Post by Kantian
I'm not saying he is any better, but so far do we have any choice?
Actually...if you want to go deeper into
the fundamentals....yes.
It starts with education....learning
the Constitution, the laws, etc..for
all of our citizens.

If you observe americans....see how they
teach their kids their Constitution from young.
Why is our citizens not taught the same?

You cannot change anything until you know
how things work first....so that you can change
it SAFELY and without causing DAMAGE to
the society.

Trying to chase for "demorcracy" but at the cost
of massive human suffering and economic collapse
is not the way I'd recommend...nor appreciate.
Just look at Iraq and bush idiotic plan to
"give" Iraqis "democracy".
Do the Iraqis themselves welcome this
"democracy" and how its been "served" upon
them.

Remember....your possible objective is
to give Singaporeans a better life right?
So how can you do that whilst possibly jeopardising
their livelihood at the same time?
Is this making their lives better?

So this is what I'm talking about.
All these "heroes" who want to fight for
Singaporeans....are like blind and dumb
fools who seeb to cause more problems to
Singaporeans than what they already face.
So who wants to support these fools?
You tell me.
Post by Kantian
At least, he is the only one that is voicing out something that is unjust
and once he open doors others will benefit someways or another.
Look...I try to be neutral and objective here.
And I try not to take sides.
As to who's better than who....I'm not going
to interfere.
But one thing is for sure...whoever I see thats
making moves that would jeopardise the
livelihood (though they may not intend it...or
worse are too stupid to know the consequences)
of all of us here....or makes things WORSE rather
than better...no matter how "right" they think they
are....I'd sock them in the nose.

People who are jobless, starving, etc...could
not care less if chee wins or lose. And they
do not appreciate if, because of chee...things
become WORSE for them.
So for these starving people....the person who
can provide for them their daily meals....is the
hero.
Has chee done anything for them all this while?
Has chee donated anything for these people?

So if the answer to the above is NO, then why
the FU-K should all these poor people care or
be made to care why chee should pay $200 or
more when the problems they face is even worse
than what chee is facing.

So it seems chee have never mingled with the
poor people before himself.....for if he did, he'd
surely know that this kind of antics at the courts
do not IMPRESS those who are already starving
and jobless. What they want is a solid action that
they can see is making their life better.....not some
bloody ruckus at the courthouse.

Sure...opening your mouth and shouting about
"helping others" is easy and cheapskate....its
those who actually DO IT ad feed the poor that
makes the difference.

So what has chee done besides opening his
mouth (no matter how right or wrong he is)?
Zilch?
the PAP is?
Kantian
2004-10-23 18:09:56 UTC
You take things too seriously, and you've been bullished/infected by the so
called li virus, what harm when JB was being voted in? what harm when Chiam
and Low got into parliament? The only problem is we don't have enough of
these people to veto any unfair and unethical decisions being made behind
our backs. Before these ppl came into parliament, mr li. bullished the same
thing don't simply elect anyone, don't elect someone with no degree and a
good education background, don't throw away your vote. Anyway, he is right
in some sense but not totally correct. Well, if you believe that "no
upgrading for you, if you don't vote for me" is correct, then continue on to
look for your so call ideal candidate, don't be surprised you may never find
one, course the amount of poplulation here can't even produce enough
enterprenur like Sim let alone politicians, and even if we do, who wish to
risk all like Chee and JB, they would rather join the pay and pay and become
multimillionaire.

Also, don't compare America with sg, their president gets voted out maximum
4 to 5 terms in office, our mr. li already exceeded that and now he starts
to build an empire for himself with all family members running the show for
him, a better comparison would be the mafia.

You mentioned about better life for everyone, I do agree. But it will not
come until someone brave enough willing to scarifice everything to lift the
sword from the stone, in this case to open doors for others to come into
politics, the current situations you should know better how it works,
everyone got pinned down and made a bankrupt, and those that are not pinned
down are only willing to play along the mr. li dirty politics. Mr. li have
placed a huge stone in front of his kingdom, those got brains and good heart
but with no strength will never be able to enter. So, what I'm trying to say
here is, we need someone to lift the stone first, open the door for those
true successors that will only come later, and then you can seat down and
take your time to select who is your better candidate, as for now, you've no
choice and beggars cannot be choosy.
the PAP is?
news.new
the PAP is?
Kantian
2004-10-24 01:09:58 UTC
Nope, the most important is, do you wish to become the next president? and
yes you do have a chance. But here you can never be the pm, at least until
mr. li knots his head or in your dreams. By the way, don't you also know
that, your pm, mm, sm, president and etc also gets paid for life, and the
best thing is they still gets more than any presidents in the world.
the PAP is?
ardeedee
the PAP is?
Kantian
2004-10-25 01:08:40 UTC
If you don't believe me, the next time round, mm will become smm and sm
become mm and so on, in other words, they won't retire and tax payers will
still have to foot their salaries for life. You don't have to worry, at the
rate they are going, they can also change the law and get paid without even
have to set a foot to work. Also, they get a salary/pension after a certain
amount of terms they get elected into office or being a PM. Again you don't
have to worry for them, they are shareholders and land owners all over the
world and a swiss account, they will imgrate to a country with swiss
standards. And yes, you've misunderstood the swiss standards thingy, its not
meant for you people, all along it was only for them.
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by news.new
Post by Kantian
Post by Observer
the PAP is?
news.new
the PAP is?
Kantian
2004-10-26 02:19:26 UTC
The biggest concern here is, some people just seat too long and refuse to
give up the seat, even when their time is up and worse the entire ministries
consist of most family members.
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by news.new
Post by Kantian
Post by Observer
the PAP is?
Darth BiRdYz
2004-10-26 04:40:45 UTC
Post by news.new
No different for American President system anyway. When they retried. They
get pay until they die!
So the lea-duhs can have American-styled thingies but the people cannot?

What kind of shit for brains arguments is that?
Observer
2004-10-24 16:15:13 UTC
Post by Kantian
You take things too seriously,
Of course I take anything that can affect
our lives.
Post by Kantian
and you've been bullished/infected by the so called li virus,
When?
Post by Kantian
what harm when JB was being voted in?
When did I take any side?
Post by Kantian
what harm when Chiam and Low got into parliament?
So Chiam and Low is the same with chee?
Post by Kantian
The only problem is we don't have enough of these people to veto any unfair
and unethical decisions being made behind our backs.
What makes you think chee will do his
job when you give him what he wants?
Post by Kantian
Before these ppl came into parliament, mr li. bullished the same thing
don't simply elect anyone, don't elect someone with no degree and a good
education background, don't throw away your vote. Anyway, he is right in
some sense but not totally correct. Well, if you believe that "no upgrading
for you, if you don't vote for me" is correct, then continue on to look for
your so call ideal candidate, don't be surprised you may never find one,
course the amount of poplulation here can't even produce enough enterprenur
like Sim let alone politicians,
When did I take any side on this issue?
Post by Kantian
and even if we do, who wish to risk all like Chee and JB, they would
rather join the pay and pay and become multimillionaire.
Err...chee was dumped and charged
actually....not that he refuse...IIRC.
Post by Kantian
Also, don't compare America with sg, their president gets voted out
maximum 4 to 5 terms in office, our mr. li already exceeded that and now
he starts to build an empire for himself with all family members running
the show for him, a better comparison would be the mafia.
What chee got to do with PAP?
Are you saying that you can guarantee chee
would be different from PAP that you accused
if he gets into power?
Post by Kantian
You mentioned about better life for everyone, I do agree. But it will not
come until someone brave enough willing to scarifice everything to lift
the sword from the stone,
And create riots?
So far what exact peaceful ways that
chee has endeavoured in to change things?
Post by Kantian
in this case to open doors for others to come into politics,
So your motivation to support chee is so
that he "opens doors"...and not that he's
a leader?
Post by Kantian
the current situations you should know better how it works, everyone got
pinned down and made a bankrupt, and those that are not pinned down are
only willing to play along the mr. li dirty politics.
Fair enough.
But what makes you think chee will do any
better than what you claim the PAP is doing?

Look at the tone of my questions....
Are they taking sides?
I'm asking you for proof of all the thingns
you say chee is capable of....is that wrong?
Why are you not answering my questions?
Post by Kantian
Mr. li have placed a huge stone in front of his kingdom, those got brains
and good heart but with no strength will never be able to enter.
chee is a man with no choice IMO.
He lost his day job....unlike Chiam and Low.
Post by Kantian
So, what I'm trying to say here is, we need someone to lift the stone
first, open the door for those true successors that will only come later,
and then you can seat down and take your time to select who is your better
candidate, as for now, you've no choice and beggars cannot be choosy.
It is exactly because when you're the beggar
that you need to be choosy so that you are not
victimised by con men.

Rich men do not need to be careful as they
can run away if they make the wrong decision.
Not so for poor people.
Thats why its not easy to fool the poor.
They are not easily swayed by sweet words
and antics...but by action.
Proof?
Why are so afraid of my comments?
I do not think I'm in any position to influence
anyone....nor do I think anybody takes my view
seriously....I'm a nobody.
I will not be able to affect the vote count for chee
if he ever stand for election.

But then again...the fact that he is not voted
in by the masses already points to something
that is beyond my control too.....that despite
all his antics and work in psychology...he fails
to understand the minds of the poor masses...
Sorry...I do not think that is my fault.

He got to work hard like any insurance agent
can tell you to convince anyone...if you think
otherwise...that is...if you think that by arguing
with me instead of asking your hero to do REAL
works in helping the poor (instead of indulging
in time wasting antics), if he wants to get into
their good book....then be prepared to get the
boot AGAIN....not by me...but by the very people
chee claims to want to fight for.

So what are you going to say now?
Zilch?
Kantian
2004-10-24 23:37:50 UTC
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
You take things too seriously,
Of course I take anything that can affect
our lives.
Your life must be too comfortable now. Wait till one day, something happened
to you. (I'm not cursing you)
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
and you've been bullished/infected by the so called li virus,
When?
From the day, you were born, and the day mr. li came into power.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
what harm when JB was being voted in?
When did I take any side?
I didn't say you take any side.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
what harm when Chiam and Low got into parliament?
So Chiam and Low is the same with chee?
same? same as opposition, but different course, motives and party.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
The only problem is we don't have enough of these people to veto any
unfair and unethical decisions being made behind our backs.
What makes you think chee will do his
job when you give him what he wants?
I never, and what makes you think pay and pay will be just as good? They've
already failed many of their promises, you should know better.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
Before these ppl came into parliament, mr li. bullished the same thing
don't simply elect anyone, don't elect someone with no degree and a good
education background, don't throw away your vote. Anyway, he is right in
some sense but not totally correct. Well, if you believe that "no
upgrading for you, if you don't vote for me" is correct, then continue on
to look for your so call ideal candidate, don't be surprised you may never
find one, course the amount of poplulation here can't even produce enough
enterprenur like Sim let alone politicians,
When did I take any side on this issue?
When did I said you took any side?
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
and even if we do, who wish to risk all like Chee and JB, they would
rather join the pay and pay and become multimillionaire.
Err...chee was dumped and charged
actually....not that he refuse...IIRC.
He could also have left sg and start a new life somewhere else, if he so
wished to.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
Also, don't compare America with sg, their president gets voted out
maximum 4 to 5 terms in office, our mr. li already exceeded that and now
he starts to build an empire for himself with all family members running
the show for him, a better comparison would be the mafia.
What chee got to do with PAP?
Are you saying that you can guarantee chee
would be different from PAP that you accused
if he gets into power?
I accused no one, and I guarantee nothing, you need to fight for a better
live yourself and no one can help you on that. However, if you feel
comfortable for whatever you have than so be it. But I believe others don't
feel the same way as you do. I hate parasite, they always get the best from
others when everything is over, and never contributed or helped in anything,
always standing on neutral side and which ever side wins they quickly change
sides and support the winner.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
You mentioned about better life for everyone, I do agree. But it will not
come until someone brave enough willing to scarifice everything to lift
the sword from the stone,
And create riots?
So far what exact peaceful ways that
chee has endeavoured in to change things?
You must have never heard of the theory of "Large Number", it basically mean
you try everything and you sure to hit a weak spot.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
in this case to open doors for others to come into politics,
So your motivation to support chee is so
that he "opens doors"...and not that he's
a leader?
Whatever the people decides.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
the current situations you should know better how it works, everyone got
pinned down and made a bankrupt, and those that are not pinned down are
only willing to play along the mr. li dirty politics.
Fair enough.
But what makes you think chee will do any
better than what you claim the PAP is doing?
I've already said earlier pay and pay is not doing any better, doesn't
matter, but instead they made themselves multimillionaries.
Post by Observer
Look at the tone of my questions....
Are they taking sides?
I'm asking you for proof of all the thingns
you say chee is capable of....is that wrong?
Why are you not answering my questions?
This is an unfair question, then what is pay and pay doing right?
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
Mr. li have placed a huge stone in front of his kingdom, those got brains
and good heart but with no strength will never be able to enter.
chee is a man with no choice IMO.
He lost his day job....unlike Chiam and Low.
Yes and true, but who did that to him? It is easy when you look only at one
side, that he was wrong and wrong. But when mr li used the public plane for
his own personal use and when the public starts to questions, then he agreed
to pay whatever expenses was incurred, ask yourself this did CS have this
privilege? it was all because of mr. li dirty politics, that made CS what he
is today. When mr. li bought the condo and was found he abused his privilege
and gained from it, he easily gave an excuse. If it were anyone who did
that, it will be the end of him and his future.
Post by Observer
Post by Kantian
So, what I'm trying to say here is, we need someone to lift the stone
first, open the door for those true successors that will only come later,
and then you can seat down and take your time to select who is your better
candidate, as for now, you've no choice and beggars cannot be choosy.
It is exactly because when you're the beggar
that you need to be choosy so that you are not
victimised by con men.
Rich men do not need to be careful as they
can run away if they make the wrong decision.
Not so for poor people.
Thats why its not easy to fool the poor.
They are not easily swayed by sweet words
and antics...but by action.
Proof?
Sometimes, you only get to know that you are being swindled only when
everything is over, and it will be too late. A good example as I've already
told you before "don't vote for me and no upgrading for you"
Post by Observer
Why are so afraid of my comments?
I do not think I'm in any position to influence
anyone....nor do I think anybody takes my view
seriously....I'm a nobody.
I will not be able to affect the vote count for chee
if he ever stand for election.
Afraid of what comments? you just don't see it, because you are still living
in a comfortable life, like I said wait until you turn old or something
happened to you, then you face all kinds of obstacles with this gov that you
believe in so much.
Post by Observer
But then again...the fact that he is not voted
in by the masses already points to something
that is beyond my control too.....that despite
all his antics and work in psychology...he fails
to understand the minds of the poor masses...
Sorry...I do not think that is my fault.
I'm not blaming you for him not being voted in, simply put, just don't add
salt to the wound.
Post by Observer
He got to work hard like any insurance agent
can tell you to convince anyone...if you think
otherwise...that is...if you think that by arguing
with me instead of asking your hero to do REAL
works in helping the poor (instead of indulging
in time wasting antics), if he wants to get into
their good book....then be prepared to get the
boot AGAIN....not by me...but by the very people
chee claims to want to fight for.
how to help the poor when he himself is being sued and may even become a
bankrupt? did li helped the poor before he came into power? Instead, I read
from some posting here in scs that li helped the japanese when they invaded
sg.
I'm going to tell you, he is not my hero.
news.new
checkthetruth
2004-10-24 13:10:36 UTC
Post by Observer
Is chee going to start wars if he become
PM over $20?
This looks like he's being petty and boorish.
]]]]]Chee is just maintaining his right not to be over-charged. How
many Singaporeans has been over-charged and kept quiet about it like
you for instance perhaps, erh?[[[[
Observer
2004-10-24 15:23:02 UTC
Post by checkthetruth
Post by Observer
Is chee going to start wars if he become
PM over $20?
This looks like he's being petty and boorish.
]]]]]Chee is just maintaining his right not to be over-charged
LOL.
When did he have that right?
Who conferred it?
Did he uphold that right when he was working
in NUS?
That chee should insist that NUS pay him
LESS too?
LOL.
Post by checkthetruth
. How
many Singaporeans has been over-charged and kept quiet about it like
you for instance perhaps, erh?[[[[
How much was chee paid in NUS?
Did he overcharge?
Did he protest about his own salary and
insisted that it be brought down?
Tell us....LOL.
news.new
Tell us....LOL.
Phillips
Tell us....LOL.
rk
2004-10-23 15:35:59 UTC
It is not $20 as stated but $200.

Will ST deny SDP right of reply again?
Dr Chee Soon Juan sent a letter to the ST today in reply to two letters that
were published in the Forum page attacking the SDP. Readers are reminded
that the ST refused to run the Democrats' reply to a feature article and
some letters a few weeks ago.

Questions about judicial system not created by me: Chee

The two letters 'Singaporeans will see through Chee's act' (ST, Oct 15,
2004) and 'SDP chief out to bring judiciary into disrepute' (ST, Oct 21,
2004) result from the media's continued campaign to mislead Singaporeans.

The fee for filing my affidavit was not $20 but almost $100. To file two
separate affidavits would have cost almost $200.

This, however, is not the issue at hand. What the Straits Times refused to
tell Singaporeans was that the staff at the Registry of the Supreme Court
had taken away my affidavit before I could file it, telling me that the
Registrar had to "check the format".

This behaviour is highly irregular, not to mention improper. I have asked
the Registrar these questions: Is it normal for Registry officials to pay
such close attention to people filing affidavits? Why was my affidavit taken
from me? Is it part of the Registrar's duties to check the format of
affidavits? He refused to respond.

On previous occasions I was allowed to file my affidavits in exactly the way
that I had tried to do on this occasion without any hindrance. Why the
change in procedure all of a sudden? Again, the Registrar refused to answer
my question.

It is episodes such as this that raises questions about our judicial system
in cases involving PAP officials suing opposition leaders. Long before I
entered the political scene, observers have repeatedly raised such concerns.
I did not create them.

To ensure that our judiciary carries out its functions without the constant
questioning of its impartiality, it is important that it answers questions
such as the ones I raised above as well as other questions that have arisen
whenever Mr Lee Kuan Yew and company take their opponents to court.

It is no good decrying 'Western democracies' for 'meddling' in Singapore's
affairs when there are legitimate questions about our nation's
insititutions. Don't forget, Singapore does not hesitate to interfere in
other people's affairs. The recent China-Taiwan imbroglio following Mr Lee
Hsien Loong's visit to Taiwan is a good example.

Autocratic regimes need to keep their citizens from the democratic global
community. This is why they make the argument that criticisms of its system
are Western and, therefore, bad. Worse, citizens who make those criticisms
are branded as foreign stooges. This is not the way to turn Singapore into
an open, confident and dynamic society - one that we so badly need in order
to remain competitive in the new era.

Another thing: let us stop equating Singapore with the PAP. The former is
our country to which we all belong. The latter is a political party that is
supposed to serve the people. The PAP and their supporters continue to try
to blur the line in the hope that calls for the reform of the system that
the PAP has put in place is immediately deemed an attack on Singapore and,
therefore, out of bounds.

So what is this system that I talk about? It is the system that allows the
PAP to manipulate elections, controls the media so that they become the
ruling party's mouthpieces, and denies Singaporean's their political rights.
It is the system that keeps the PAP in perpetual power.

It is also the system that spells trouble for Singapore's future, one that
the Singapore Democrats are determined to fix.

Chee Soon Juan
Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party
Observer
2004-10-23 13:33:02 UTC
Post by rk
It is not $20 as stated but $200.
Fair enough.
Still...why not pay up rather than
lose the chance to "help" Singaporeans?
Post by rk
Will ST deny SDP right of reply again?
Dr Chee Soon Juan sent a letter to the ST today in reply to two letters that
were published in the Forum page attacking the SDP. Readers are reminded
that the ST refused to run the Democrats' reply to a feature article and
some letters a few weeks ago.
Then chee is always welcomed to vent
his replies here.
ardeedee
his replies here.
ardeedee
2004-10-22 11:15:20 UTC
There is something wrong with your brainwaves - from Singapore's judicious
system to Matins Luther
and the Protestant Church is one big quantum jump that is not exactly within
connectivity limits and you may be due for the funny farm.
Chong Lee Ming
Kantian
2004-10-22 22:06:07 UTC
I know you are a catholic and yes it is true they persecuted many innocent
lives, killed many too and told many lies and only they are rich and
educated, and when they said the earth is flat, it is flat and not round.
Let me tell you it doesn't work anymore, thanks to Martin Luther who
introudced the press and printing materials that everyone begin to know
about stuffs and started to read about the world and appreciate and
understands things more as they read. So, don't try to tell everyone that
infra rays can detect bombs, it isn't true, and you should know better that
the earth is round and not flat, the catholic dominating era is already over
long long time ago. http://www.newgenevacenter.org/west/reformation.htm
Chong Lee Ming
ardeedee
2004-10-23 02:41:56 UTC
You are faulty on the facts again:-
My take is that the earth is round but Observer is of
the opinion it cannot be flat because he refuses to believe what Ang Mohs
say;
The infra rays are not discussed but thermal sensors - quite different
things.

You must geyt hold of yoyurself and maybe get ninnylu aka LauNiu here to
give you a BJ to calm your nerves.
Post by Kantian
Chong Lee Ming
Kantian
Chong Lee Ming
ardeedee
2004-10-24 05:43:38 UTC
Thermal sensors why am I wring - they can work.
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
he
knows he doesn't have a case in the first place. So conveniently
screw
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
up
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
15).
Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan's refusal to
pay
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
an
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
Yew reminded me of a scene in the movie Gandhi.
Mahatma Gandhi was arrested by the British government on a charge of
disturbing the peace. The judge ordered that he be released on bail
of
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
100
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
act stirred the support of millions of Indians and he subsequently
won
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
the
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
Singaporeans would see that he is just finding fault with the
system
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by ardeedee
Post by Kantian
Post by FYI
and
putting up an act.
Chong Lee Ming
Observer
2004-10-23 13:27:43 UTC
Post by ardeedee
You are faulty on the facts again:-
My take is that the earth is round but Observer is of
the opinion it cannot be flat because he refuses to believe what Ang Mohs
say;
Kah....kah..kah..
ardeedee trying to twist facts again
when cornered.
Post by ardeedee
The infra rays are not discussed but thermal sensors - quite different
things.
Kah...kah..kah.
Yet another pseudo science from
ardeedee the moron....

Infra red spectrum is used by some
thermal sensors....dumbass...LOL
Post by ardeedee
You must geyt hold of yoyurself and maybe get ninnylu aka LauNiu here to
give you a BJ to calm your nerves.
Ahhh...his main talent.
Spouting nonsense....LOL.
ardeedee
Observer
2004-10-24 13:45:47 UTC
Post by ardeedee
Infra red spectrum used in some thermal sensors - prove it?
Kah..kah..kah
ardeedee the moron wants proof?
Does he even know what is Infra red spectrum?

ROTFLOL....
Observer
2004-10-21 22:22:09 UTC
Post by FYI
Typical ploy of Chee Soon Juan. Blow up something small and forfeit his
chance of addressing the main issue. Then turn around and cry foul. Maybe he
knows he doesn't have a case in the first place. So conveniently screw up
the proceedings and blame the system. Typical Chee Soon Juan.
---
DEFAMATION SUITS
Singaporeans will see through Chee's act
ST 21/10/2004
Dr Chee is trying to make a point that he, too, suffered under the system in
his 'struggle' for more political freedom in Singapore. However, sensible
Singaporeans would see that he is just finding fault with the system and
putting up an act.
Chong Lee Ming
Kah..kah..kah.
Whilst others are willing to lose millions,
be jailed for life....etc.

chee even feels its not worth $20 to "fight"
for Singaporeans....
Maybe if he ever take control of Singapore...
he will want everything free for himself.
Worst that what he ever claims PAP is doing?

LOL.
ardeedee
2004-10-22 04:34:27 UTC
As usual Observer stays at the sideleines and shoots from the hips at those
inside the arena and never dares make his move into the same arena.

It is easy to spout what should be done from the sidelines - try entering
the game and see what you can do - you cannot even get Lau Niu to vote for
you despite the fact he loves licking your arse.
LOL.
ForgetMeNot
Chong Lee Ming
ardeedee
Chong Lee Ming
ForgetMeNot
Chong Lee Ming
news.new
2004-10-24 14:10:50 UTC
Post by ardeedee
Chee can do nothing to damage Singapore if what he says and do are
non-sense.
Non-sense is the most damaging part!
Post by ardeedee
Post by ardeedee
Post by ForgetMeNot
Post by FYI
chance of addressing the main issue. Then turn around and cry foul.
Maybe
Post by ForgetMeNot
he
Post by ardeedee
Post by ardeedee
Post by ardeedee
Post by FYI
improvements, they have served Singapore well over the years. If Dr
Chee
Post by ardeedee
Post by ForgetMeNot
has
Post by ardeedee
Post by FYI
the people identified with their causes.
Dr Chee is trying to make a point that he, too, suffered under the
system
Post by ForgetMeNot
in
Post by ForgetMeNot
Post by FYI
Singaporeans would see that he is just finding fault with the system
and
Post by ardeedee
Post by ForgetMeNot
Post by FYI
putting up an act.
Chong Lee Ming
Robert Ho
2004-10-23 01:42:01 UTC
Post by FYI
Typical ploy of Chee Soon Juan. Blow up something small and forfeit his
chance of addressing the main issue. Then turn around and cry foul. Maybe he
knows he doesn't have a case in the first place. So conveniently screw up
the proceedings and blame the system. Typical Chee Soon Juan.
RH: If you are saying that Dr Chee deliberately forfeited his chance
to get LKY and GCT to be cross examined by him in a court of law, then
consider these :

1. Firstly, Dr Chee probably had no knowledge that by combining both
affidavits into one, that it would then be rejected, since he had done
it before successfully. In other words, Dr Chee cannot count on the
Court rejecting his affidavit simply for combing two, which he had
done before successfully.

2. Secondly, Dr Chee cannot count on the Court to reject his
affidavits. If the Court admits his combined affidavits, then the
legal proceedings will follow. In other words, Dr Chee had no way of
ensuring that his affidavits would be rejected. The Court can always
accept.

Thus, your argument that Dr Chee deliberately got his affidavits
rejected because he dared not continue with them is totally wrong.