Are Christians Hypocrites?
TheInquirer
2013-07-24 17:07:34 UTC
see story below (from a friend of a friend of a friend).

Are Christians Hypocrites?

what do you think?
--
I ask, because I'm curious.

"Pastor Jeremiah Steepek (pictured below) transformed himself
into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church
that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at that
morning. He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes
while it was filling with people for service, only 3 people out
of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him. He asked people for
change to buy food - NO ONE in the church gave him change. He
went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church
and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit n the back.
He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty
looks, with people looking down on him and judging him.

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church
announcements and such. When all that was done, the elders went
up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church
to the congregation. "We would like to introduce to you Pastor
Jeremiah Steepek." The congregation looked around clapping with
joy and anticipation. The homeless man sitting in the back
stood up and started walking down the aisle. The clapping
stopped with ALL eyes on him. He walked up the altar and took
the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused
for a moment then he recited,

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who
are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom
prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was
hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you
gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me
in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you
looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you
hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to
drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or
needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in
prison and go to visit you?’

'The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for
one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did
for me.’

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and
told them all what he had experienced that morning. Many began
to cry and many heads were bowed in shame. He then said, "Today
I see a gathering of people, not a church of Jesus Christ. The
world has enough people, but not enough disciples. When will
YOU decide to become disciples?"

He then dismissed service until next week.

Being a Christian is more than something you claim. It's
something you live by and share with others."

I am no Christian, but there is a lesson here for all human
beings.

UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-24 20:06:46 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
see story below (from a friend of a friend of a friend).
Are Christians Hypocrites?
what do you think?
what makes you think hypocrisy can only be monopolized by muslim, hindu,
buddist, atheist and other non-christian ?????

wake up ! be a little smarter ....
TheInquirer
2013-07-24 20:15:52 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
what makes you think hypocrisy can only be monopolized by
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
--
I ask, because I'm curious.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool
can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
I'd pressume your question above as rethorical ....
TheInquirer
2013-07-24 20:28:45 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
I'd pressume your question above as rethorical ....
technically you can answer
"yes, i agree, because ... "
or
"no, i disagree, because ... ".

what will your answer be?

;-)

UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-24 20:29:14 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
technically you can answer
"yes, i agree, because ... "
or
"no, i disagree, because ... ".
what will your answer be?
;-)
I answer the way I want to .... I dont let others telling me things :)
w***@yahoo.com
2013-07-25 06:16:11 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
what makes you think hypocrisy can only be monopolized by
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
Saved from whom or what? Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Christians get a lot of mileage out of the aphorism of 'turning the other cheek', a sentiment originating at least as early as Pythagoras in the fifth century BC. Yet both in theory and in practice, Christians have honoured the principle of murdering their opponents. The word, it seems, came from the very top. Apparently Jesus himself said:

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." – Luke 19.27

(Not the word of the Lord? Oh yes it is!)

The Christian Heaven may have been a vain folly but the Christian Hell was real enough. For more than a thousand years sadists in the uniform of Christ terrorised and brutalised a continent and then exported that terror to the four corners of the globe.

The Church, which, with a satanic twist of humour, claimed to be the instrument of 'Christ's loving kindness' , taught a brutalised and impoverished people new meanings to the words pain and suffering...

For those who dared to be different it was - Incarceration – starvation – psychological torment and terror – laceration – mutilation – strangulation – suffocation – crushing – choking – burning – garrotting – slow and agonizing death.

Legal basis for murder by the State

"According to the apostolic teaching and the doctrine of the Gospel, let us believe in the one deity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, in equal majesty and in a holy Trinity.

We authorize the followers of this law to assume the title of Catholic Christians; but as for the others, since, in our judgment they are foolish madmen, we decree that they shall be branded with the ignominious name of heretics, and shall not presume to give to their conventicles the name of churches.

They will suffer in the first place the chastisement of the divine condemnation and in the second the punishment of our authority which in accordance with the will of Heaven we shall decide to inflict.

Given in Thessalonica on the third day from the calends of March, during the fifth consulate of Gratian Augustus and the first of Theodosius Augustus."

– Codex Theodosianus, xvi.1.2 (380 AD)
– Penal religious laws of the 4th century

Loving Your Neighbour? – Killing Your Opponents!

"The list of religious atrocities committed in the sacrosanct name of Christ is long and varied ...

In proof of this, witness the gibbets, the wheels, the massacres, and the horrible burnings at the stake of nearly a hundred thousand human beings in a single province -

the massacres and devastations of nine mad crusades of Christians against unoffending Turks, during nearly two hundred years; in which many millions of human beings perished-

the massacre of the Anabaptists-

the massacres of the Lutherans and Papists, from the Rhine to the extremities of the north-

the massacres in Ireland, England, and Scotland, in the time of Charles the First, who was himself massacred-

the massacres ordered by Henry the Eighth and his daughter Mary-

the massacres of St. Bartholomew in France; and forty years more of other massacres between the time of Francis the First, and the entry of Henry the Fourth into Paris-

the massacres of the Inquisition, which are more execrable still, as being judicially committed-

to say nothing of the innumerable schisms, and twenty wars of popes against popes-bishops against bishops the poisoning assassinations-

the cruel rapines of more than a dozen of popes, who far exceeded a Nero or Caligula in every species of crime and wickedness-

the massacre of twelve millions of the inhabitants of the new world, executed CRUCIFIX IN HAND; and all for the honour and glory of the Jewish deity and his son!"

– Mitchell Logan, Christian Mythology Unveiled, 1842.

(more at http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/murderers.htm)
TheInquirer
2013-07-25 07:30:32 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com
the massacres and devastations of nine mad crusades of Christians against unoffending Turks, during nearly two hundred years; in which many millions of human beings perished-
the massacre of the Anabaptists-
the massacres of the Lutherans and Papists, from the Rhine to the extremities of the north-
the massacres in Ireland, England, and Scotland, in the time of Charles the First, who was himself massacred-
the massacres ordered by Henry the Eighth and his daughter Mary-
the massacres of St. Bartholomew in France; and forty years more of other massacres between the time of Francis the First, and the entry of Henry the Fourth into Paris-
are these massacres divinely sanctioned?

if not, if killing is a sin (one of the ten commandments?), why was
there no warning sign or pain signal felt when these evil perpetrators
were about to commit the sins?

i thought human beings are intelligently designed? or is it about free
will? or free wheel?
Post by w***@yahoo.com
the massacres of the Inquisition,
Not by a previous incarnation of The Inquirer, i hope?

BABOE BELANDA
2013-07-25 22:26:44 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com
Post by TheInquirer
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
what makes you think hypocrisy can only be monopolized by
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
Saved from whom or what? Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Christians get a lot of mileage out of the aphorism of 'turning the other cheek', a sentiment originating at least as early as Pythagoras in the fifth century BC.
Turning the other cheek is a recoomendation, not mandatory like
Islam's circumcision. Some Christians have thick skin, like a bull.
And they can give the other cheek. Some Christians have very sensitive
cheeks. I hope you understand.
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-26 08:45:12 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
nahh, I believe Christians are aware of this words of Jesus :

Matthew 7 : 21
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom
of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
TheInquirer
2013-07-26 17:40:59 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
is it because Christians think they are "saved" and forgiven,
so they don't need to change, and so they can piss off other people
and do any sin/crime ... (they will be forgiven and still go to
heaven anyway, while others go to hell even if they're are "nice") ?
Matthew 7 : 21
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom
of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
but i want to know: why is there no lightning zap for people who have
just sinned, or warning (pain, or feeling of heat or whatever) for
people just about to commit a sin or a crime?

BABOE BELANDA
2013-07-24 20:29:09 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
see story below (from a friend of a friend of a friend).
Are Christians Hypocrites?
what do you think?
You'll find hypocrites everywhere, not only among Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Eradication_Commission

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/kpk-wins-2013-magsaysay-award/

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/07/23/bpkkpk-investigate-alleged-graft-pantura-roadwork.html

http://www.kpk.go.id/id/

http://www.icac.org.hk/newsl/issue22eng/button3.htm

https://www.bkms-system.net/bkwebanon/report/clientInfo?cin=kpk1116&language=ind

http://news.detik.com/read/2012/08/14/142756/1991119/159/ada-kasus-lebih-besar-nilainya-triliunan

If you are a retired government official, or the descendants of
government official, you know what I am talking about...;)
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-24 20:47:44 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
He then dismissed service until next week.
I don't know about other denominations, but if he was a Catholic priest, what he did right here was wrong, because:

(1) He did not allow the congregation to confess their sins. Clearly the congregation had sinned, BUT Christian faith is about the FORGIVENESS of sins.
(2) He did not allow the congregation to take the eucharist (bread and wine). Again, this is important. To quote from the ceremony, "...This is my body which will be given up for you SO THAT SINS MAY BE FORGIVEN. DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME."

I applaud the moralizing. It would have made a great sermon point. BUT, there are certain duties and actions one is supposed to take as a priest during a service. The priest is NOT SUPPOSED TO DENY THE EUCHARIST to the congregation.

Cecil Chua
TheInquirer
2013-07-25 02:44:15 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
Post by TheInquirer
He then dismissed service until next week.
I don't know about other denominations,
you know how many thousands of other denominations there are?

[I know a few: $2, $5, $10, $50, $100, $1000]

a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-25 08:18:27 UTC
According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrament, all the major denominations of Christianity treat the Eucharist (bread and wine) as sacraments or the equivalent. In other words, the giving out of the bread and wine is something the priest/minister/faith leader MUST do. You cannot dismiss the congregation until you have given them this.

Cecil Chua
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-25 08:36:51 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrament, all
the major denominations of Christianity treat the Eucharist (bread and
wine) as sacraments or the equivalent. In other words, the giving out
of the bread and wine is something the priest/minister/faith leader
MUST do. You cannot dismiss the congregation until you have given them
this.
Cecil Chua
that only applies to Catholic church

Protestant church .... they dont alwyas have this bread and wine on every
mass, but only on certain occasions (e.g Passover/easter or Good Friday),
besides its only Catholic church who calls it Eucharist , the Protestant
calls it Holy Communion.

Another thing .... in catholic church , only Pastor take the bread and
drinks the wine, while congregation eat the bread only. In protestant
church both Pastor and congregation get both the bread and wine.
TheInquirer
2013-07-25 15:28:12 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
Another thing .... in catholic church , only Pastor take the bread and
drinks the wine,
is it really wine? i thought it's Ribena?

a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-25 19:51:07 UTC
It must be fermented grape. There's rules in the Catholic church about how both the bread and wine are made.
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-25 19:52:20 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
is it really wine? i thought it's Ribena?
you prefer sampagne ?

yes its real wine, but quality of wine is another thing

churches with rich people member serve real good wine

in some churches that I know, they also serve plain water or tea to those
whose stomach are too sensitive to drinking wine
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-25 19:49:31 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
Another thing .... in catholic church , only Pastor take the bread and
drinks the wine, while congregation eat the bread only.
This is not correct. In the church I attend in NZ, the wine is offered to the congregation. The church allows that only the bread be eaten (recognizing that some people cannot take alcohol). However, whether the congregation has wine is determined on a church-by-church basis.

Cecil Chua
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-25 19:55:55 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
In the church I attend in NZ, the wine is offered to the congregation.
are you sure it was Catholic church ?

at least thats how they do it in Indonesia, Catholic church dont serve
wine to congregation
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-25 21:05:44 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
are you sure it was Catholic church ?
Let's see... newsletter has things like RCIA meeting every Tuesday- check.
Ceremony got Confession of Faith, including the line, "I believe in one holy, CATHOLIC and apostolic church" check.
Sometimes required to do Hail Mary. My children had to do hail mary for being naughty in bible class. Check.
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
at least thats how they do it in Indonesia, Catholic church dont serve
wine to congregation
The actual _rule_ is that eating the bread alone is sufficient to address the sacrament of the Eucharist. The wine is optional. If offered, the wine must be grape and have some level of fermentation. Grape juice doesn't cut it except in rare exceptions.

This is spelled out in the "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith: Norms for Use of Low-gluten Bread and Mustum"

Cecil Chua
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-25 21:15:56 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
Let's see... newsletter has things like RCIA meeting every Tuesday-
check. Ceremony got Confession of Faith, including the line, "I
believe in one holy, CATHOLIC and apostolic church" check. Sometimes
required to do Hail Mary. My children had to do hail mary for being
naughty in bible class. Check.
well, just try to google
"why catholic church dont offer wine to congregation"

you'll see my previous statement has some solid ground since
many entries questioning the same ....

double check
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-26 02:05:49 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
you'll see my previous statement has some solid ground since
many entries questioning the same ....
I agree many parishes in many countries do not offer the wine- it is optional. I have been in churches in Singapore and the US where wine was not offered to the congregation. But your original statement was that in the Catholic church (in general) only the priest takes the wine. This is not true. It varies by parish. In NZ, wine is very cheap, so that is likely why the NZ service has the wine. There may be country-specific reasons to avoid wine (alcohol license?).

And I took the goo-gaa thing seriously, because I think of myself as a scholar in the Chaucer (not Sing Gahmen) use of the word. The goo-gaa thing demonstrated both factual inaccuracy and a poor grasp of logical argumentation.

Cecil Chua
TheInquirer
2013-07-26 02:55:35 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
you'll see my previous statement has some solid ground since
many entries questioning the same ....
I agree many parishes in many countries do not offer the wine- it is optional. I have been in churches in Singapore and the US where wine was not offered to the congregation. But your original statement was that in the Catholic church (in general) only the priest takes the wine. This is not true. It varies by parish. In NZ, wine is very cheap, so that is likely why the NZ service has the wine. There may be country-specific reasons to avoid wine (alcohol license?).
And I took the goo-gaa thing seriously, because I think of myself as a scholar in the Chaucer (not Sing Gahmen) use of the word. The goo-gaa thing demonstrated both factual inaccuracy and a poor grasp of logical argumentation.
Cecil Chua
is it fair to say that there are almost as many different practices as
denominations?

w***@yahoo.com
2013-07-25 12:06:24 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
Post by TheInquirer
you know how many thousands of other denominations there are?
According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrament, all the major denominations of Christianity treat the Eucharist (bread and wine) as sacraments or the equivalent. In other words, the giving out of the bread and wine is something the priest/minister/faith leader MUST do. You cannot dismiss the congregation until you have given them this.
Bread=Flesh; Wine=Blood, right?
So eating flesh and drinking blood is a clear indication that this ritual is rooted in some cannibalistic practices in the past. Of course, those who indulge in this watered down cannibalistic practice will give some goo-goo-ga-ga explanations. LOL

/
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-25 20:48:14 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com
So eating flesh and drinking blood is a clear indication that this ritual is rooted in some cannibalistic practices in the past. Of course, those who indulge in this watered down cannibalistic practice will give some goo-goo-ga-ga explanations. LOL
This statement reflects a profound lack of understanding of what cannibalism is. Endocannibalism (eating someone from your own community) was indeed a funerary rite of many cultures. It was done with great reverence. It is very different from exocannibalism (eating someone from outside your community). The emotional and moralistic perspective associated with endocannibalism is very different. Your statement confuses the two, perhaps because modern humans are primarily exposed to exocannibalism and not endocannibalism.

Also, your statement assumes that an outsider's perspective is a relevant perspective in a community's rituals and practices. This again is a fallacy. Consider the following:

So marriage is a clear indication that this ritual is rooted in some practice of forcing women into a life of servitude. Of course, those who indulge in this watered down practice of slavery will give some goo-goo-ga-ga explanations. LOL.

The marriage ritual among many Chinese subgroups involves the trading of pork (roast pig, tins of pork) for the bride. In India, there's the dowry.

So National day is a clear indication that the ritual is rooted in some inferiority complex. Of course, those who indulge in this watered down celebration of the kicking out of Singapore from the Federation of Malaysia will give some goo-goo-ga-ga explanation.

Chocolate consumption is a clear indication that the ritual is rooted in drug taking and blood sacrifice. Of course those who indulge in this watered down celebration of drug taking and the murder of others will give some goo-goo-ga-ga explanation. See Aztecs and Cacao http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/6194447/Aztecs-and-cacao-the-bittersweet-past-of-chocolate.html

Cecil Chua
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-25 21:11:09 UTC
why did you take his goo-goo-gaa-gaa joke seriously ???
TheInquirer
2013-07-26 02:58:55 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
why did you take his goo-goo-gaa-gaa joke seriously ???
anyway ... if you don't believe in God, "right" and "wrong" are just
social constructs ... what's intrinsically wrong with canniballism
anyway?

a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-26 05:40:58 UTC
Post by TheInquirer
anyway ... if you don't believe in God, "right" and "wrong" are just
social constructs ...
The problem here is the notion of "just." Communities need a governance structure to keep the community coherent. The community needs to sanction such things as theft from the community by a community member or the taking of life from a community member by another member. If you don't the community ceases to exist, because everyone steals from everyone else or everyone kills everyone else. Notions of right and wrong are necessary to create society.
Post by TheInquirer
what's intrinsically wrong with cannibalism
There is little intrinsically wrong with cannibalism. It has been an ingredient in many successful societies. There are known health issues. However, in modern societies, the concept is repulsive. Just like in many modern societies, eating insects is repulsive.

The social problems that can be associated with cannibalism are associated with the taking of life. With traditional endocannibalism this does not happen- the person dies from an unrelated cause, and the consumption of the flesh is a ritual form of burial.

Exocannibalism has as a prerequisite that the cannibal first kill another human being. This makes an individual exocannibal or an exocannibalistic society a threat to neighboring societies.

As a side note, this is one of the things that makes the eucharist different from endocannibalism. The endocannibalistic ritual is a funerary celebration. The eucharist is a celebration of life.

Cecil Chua
UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
2013-07-26 07:04:33 UTC
Post by a***@auckland.ac.nz
The problem here is the notion of "just." Communities need a
governance structure to keep the community coherent. The community
needs to sanction such things as theft from the community by a
community member or the taking of life from a community member by
another member. If you don't the community ceases to exist, because
everyone steals from everyone else or everyone kills everyone else.
Notions of right and wrong are necessary to create society.
as Christian, do we really "eat" and "drink" Jesus' flesh and blood like

in cannibalism ?

is that what Jesus meant by His command through the Holy Communion ?

Non Christians dont understand the moral and meaning behind it.

They simply take things as what they are seen/heard.
a***@auckland.ac.nz
2013-07-26 07:39:39 UTC
Post by UNCLE SAM'S SHIT EATER
as Christian, do we really "eat" and "drink" Jesus' flesh and blood like
in cannibalism ?
The answer to this is unfortunately very cheem. Catholics believe that the bread and wine are "transubstantiated" into the body and blood of Christ by the ceremony. Transubstantiation is described here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation

Cecil Chua
w***@yahoo.com
2013-07-26 05:34:48 UTC
Of course. of course. Whatever you say is correct from your angle. Just like the Church's anger when Galileo and Copernicus proved the biblical geocentric belief was wrong.
Jesus Isa Yeshua Jew Christ fucked St . Mary Magdeleine the Prostitute , was the only SON of Christian GOD
2013-07-26 06:51:01 UTC
YES
YES
YES

ALL CHRISTIANS are ALL HYPOCRITES
TheInquirer
2013-07-26 17:43:04 UTC
On 26/07/2013 2:51 PM, Jesus Isa Yeshua Jew Christ fucked St . Mary
Post by Jesus Isa Yeshua Jew Christ fucked St . Mary Magdeleine the Prostitute , was the only SON of Christian GOD
YES
YES
YES
ALL CHRISTIANS are ALL HYPOCRITES
if so, why did God or Jesus allow this?

TheInquirer
2013-07-26 20:57:17 UTC
why

because GOD favors WHITE RACE ,

and that makes WHITE RACE CHRISTIANS becoming HYPOCRITES .

my VATER told always o give
HOLY PREFERENCE to WHITE RACE ,

after all IT WAS WHITE RACE jews WHO invented this religion .