I.was impressed by groups of Malaysian volunteers..
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-01 06:45:25 UTC
Its quite common to see various groups of young Malaysian going around at night in the street n giving out free food to those homeless ppl ( mostly came from the eastern side if Malaysia..ie Sabah or Sarawak) sleeping in the side pavement around KL streets.
U hardly see this sort of volunteer work done by our sg younger generation..

Probably they themselves being stressed up by the hi cost of living..
rover
2018-06-02 17:19:20 UTC
There are volunteers in Singapore doing charity work.

Many do go around chatting up and counsel those in need, too

Some involved daily distributing of packaged foods to the poor and disabled
living in one room rental flat in Jalan Kukoh and Chinatown and elsewhere,
too.

These charities worked behind the scenes, seeking volunteers to help them in
their distribution of foods.

Some were involved in collecting vegetables and other excess materials from
shops and businesses.

Others involved in cleaning and de-cluttering of these poor and aged and
disabled people.

Also medical supports like nursing and therapist now go to the source to see
and medicate them, on doctor's treatment basis.

Now medical support is brought to the sources as these poor and elderly and
disabled cannot afford old home.

Also there are not old folk homes. Also most are not keen to be confined and
kept in nursing homes, as their freedom of loitering around on their own is
restricted and curbed.

There is a need of having a community homes where these people can live in
the same blocks where communal cooking is provided for them to bond and
space to chit chat with each other with confidence and safety, too.

rover
2018-06-02 18:42:34 UTC
Brian,

You can click the links here of volunteering work with many working in the
several charity work here:

1. https://www.straitstimes.com/world/rescuing-food-waste-to-feed-needy

Rescuing food waste to feed needy

2. http://www.foodbank.sg/index.php/get-involved/volunteer

Individual Volunteer
FOODBANKERS VACANCIES

3.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/elderly-poverty-series/lonely-and-waiting-to-die-singapore-s-elderly-poor-find-hope-in-8844768

Lonely and 'waiting to die', Singapore's elderly poor find hope in many
helping hands
Poor health and mental illness isolate them from society. But a widening
community network is striving to ease their loneliness and make sure they're
taken care of, in their final years.

Read more at
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/elderly-poverty-series/lonely-and-waiting-to-die-singapore-s-elderly-poor-find-hope-in-8844768

4. https://www.silverpages.sg/caregiving/Meals%20to%20Seniors%20Doorsteps

HELPING YOU WITH YOUR CARE DECISIONS
The one-stop portal providing resources on community-based care, financial
assistance schemes and caregiving, giving you the confidence to take the
next step.

5.
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2012/08/29/willing-hearts-feeding-the-poor-in-singapore/

Willing Hearts: Feeding the Poor in Singapore

5.
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/lunchtime-hero--singaporean-skips-meal-daily-to-bring-food-to-needy-022410724.html

Singapore ‘lunchtime hero’ skips daily meals to bring food to needy

b***@gmail.com
2018-06-02 18:54:30 UTC
In my entire life...beside my family members, I HV great respect for ppl who are in this career..such as , teachers, nurses, caregivers n volunteers on charity works..they are the unsung heros!
rover
2018-06-02 19:40:57 UTC
Me too.

These people teachers, nurses, caregivers, and volunteers are indeed the
unsung hero.

The economy of these people cannot stop, not even a day.

Most people have to get on everyday regardless of their own personal needs
and problems.

Perhaps our papists should start working in these jobs before they become
ministers and CEO in the top echelon posts.