Gopalan Nair challeged Hri Kumar n company to sue
truth
2008-01-10 02:29:32 UTC
http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
The Singapore Legal Profession. An odd place where dishonesty is rewarded
and integrity punished!
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The state owned and controlled Singapore newspaper Channel News Asia on
January 5, 2008 reports "Six appointed Senior Counsel at opening of Legal
Year 2008".

If there is one place in the world where dishonesty is rewarded and
integrity punished, the Singapore legal profession is the place. The 5
lawyers exalted to this top level of seniority and respect was not because
they were good lawyers. It was because they were dishonest.

Men such as these bring shame to the legal profession. Another reason why
the Singapore Bar is finding it increasingly difficult to attract good
students to the profession.

One of those promoted according to the report is Hri Kumar. Let me tell you
something about Mr. Hri Kumar. He is employed in the firm of Drew and
Napier. This firm is employed by Lee Kuan Yew, the Singapore bullyboy who
will not tolerate any political criticism. And if someone is stupid enough
to criticize, Lee Kuan Yew will sue for defamation of character in the
Singapore Courts. The judges by the way in Singapore are beholden to Mr. Lee
Kuan Yew. So Lee Kuan Yew is guaranteed to win his case regardless of its
merits.

The man that Lee Kuan Yew uses for this dirty work of demolishing the
opposition through the courts, that it, to demolish by defamation action and
bankrupted; is usually Mr. Davinder Singh, Senior Counsel. Mr. Hri Kumar has
over the years, been assisting Mr. Davinder Singh in the dirty work he does
in court. Mr. Hri Kumar too has become very accomplished in the dirty work.
Accomplished that is, to distort and misuse the law, so as to make it easier
for Lee Kuan Yew's judges in Lee Kuan Yew's courts to finish off any
political dissident.

If Mr. Hri Kumar has practiced law, it has been for an evil purpose. His
career consists nothing more than willingly permitting himself to be used as
an instrument by Lee Kuan Yew to destroy his political opponents. This is
shameful work. Disgraceful work. Work that he does because Lee Kuan Yew pays
very well. In fact, as it is guaranteed that Lee Kuan Yew will win every one
of his legal cases, before judges who will willingly do anything for him;
this man need not even know any law at all. All he has to do is to say that
his client is Lee Kuan Yew. That itself will guarantee victory.

Lawyer's code of ethics around the world are the same. A lawyer breaches his
code of ethics when he willingly furthers a cause before the court when he
knows it is without merit. In each of the defamation cases, all of which Hri
Kumar has won, he knew very well that his client Lee Kuan Yew was abusing
the law to destroy his opponents. He knew the law was being used as a
political tool. He knew that the defendant was blameless. Yet he willingly
permits himself to be used for the dirty purpose, without shame. He is
prepared to prostitute himself repeatedly for money and a career.

This man lacks shame, integrity and self respect. Singapore is perhaps the
only country where men like these, who are despised and derided, are able to
reach high office. This proves beyond everything that the way to success,
monetary and career success in Singapore is to trumpet the dictator.
Honoring Mr. Hri Kumar continues to send a very bad message to other young
men and women in Singapore; that the way to success in Singapore is
dishonesty. The sort shown by this Hri Kumar.

The others honored with him, Dr. Jeffrey Dan Pinsler, an academic, Sunderash
Menon, Thio Shen Yi, Lee Eng Beng and Cavinder Bull fare no better in
integrity. There is a saying, it is equally damning of a man who does
nothing and remains silent when evil is perpetrated before his eyes. He
stands no better than the perpetrator.

Dr. Jeffrey Dan Pinsler is an academic. Is he not aware that the rights
under the Singapore constitution, fundamental human rights, the rights of
free speech expression and assembly are being violated daily by this Lee
Kuan Yew dictatorship? Is he not aware, especially as an academic, that
Singapore is no better than Burma or North Korea for human rights? Is he not
aware that it is incumbent upon him, in fact duty bound, for him to speak up
for the legal rights of fellow Singaporeans? But no. Doctor of Laws, Jeffrey
Dan Pinsler does nothing. He happily receives the honors that this Singapore
dictatorship gives him for his silence. What a shame.

The same goes for the others honored by this dictatorship. They stand in
shame, because it is profitable. Since there is money, they don't mind the
shame. They go along with anything asked of them by this dictatorship.

As I said, the Singapore Legal profession is one that punishes integrity and
ability. You must have heard of Mr. JB Jeyaretnam. He is also a member of
the Singapore Bar and practiced law for more than 40 years, which periods
were interrupted while he was suspended from practice by the Lee Kuan Yew
courts. Mr. JB Jeyaretnam also happens to be one of Lee Kuan Yew's most
vocal political opponents. He is also a brilliant criminal lawyer, perhaps
the best in Singapore.

By now, you must have guessed what I was driving at. Not only that Mr. JB
Jeyaretnam was not given the position of Senior Counsel, in fact it was
worse than that. He is a convicted criminal and former convict having been
imprisoned by Lee Kuan Yew for 2 charges of check fraud and one for
falsifying a sworn declaration!

I had the pleasure of meeting him outside the Queenstown Prison, which is
familiar to Singapore political opponents, together with about 200 Workers
Party supporters, when he was released. It must have been about 1988. I was
practicing law in Singapore then. I represented a Workers Party supporter,
Mr. Sebastian Chua, who was in the crowd, then a taxi driver. All he did was
to shout very loud "We want Jeya". For that he was charged with disorderly
conduct. I represented him.

Chua pleaded not guilty. The magistrate in the Subordinate Court was Judge
Gurbachan Singh. Although Singh tried very hard to make Chua plead guilty,
he refused. We dragged the trial as long as we could. We had no less than 20
witnesses. All were examined and cross examined. Eventually, of course, the
Judge found Chua guilty. He was after all, an opposition political
supporter.

The maximum fine at that time for disorderly conduct was about $100.00.
After having taken 2 weeks of the courts time in taking the testimony of
more than 20 witnesses, Mr. Chua was convicted. He was holding the money in
his hand. After the judge pronounced the fine, he went downstairs to the
Court Cashier, paid the $100.00 and went home. We had fun. I understand
immediately after Mr. Chua's case, the Singapore dictatorship increased the
fine for disorderly conduct to several thousand dollars! I guess I had a
part to play in that!

The Singapore government in giving this award to these disgraceful lawyers
who willingly abuse the law for profit, is in fact deliberately giving a
repeated message to Singaporeans. And the message is this. The way to
succeed is to be subservient to Lee's wishes, regardless of right or wrong.
And those who are prepared to act unconscionably like these pitiful souls
end up succeeding financially and in their careers. And those who criticize
his government tend to suffer in every way possible, even going to prison
for it.

This is a very bad signal to Singaporeans and one which will ultimately
cause it severe harm. Lee Kuan Yew assumes that everyone can be bought with
money like these who prostitute themselves for gain. But the truth is, not
everyone is that way. In fact the vast majority are upstanding human beings.
They either refuse to co-operate and merely live their lives as best they
can in obscurity or they emigrate. That is why today, it is these weak souls
like Hri Kumar who climb the career ladders in Singapore. The best are
either not heard of or in Australia. And no amount of repetition in the
state controlled Singapore press; that rule of law exists in Singapore; is
going to convince anyone.

I am a member of the State Bar of California in good standing and in active
practice. I have here made a deliberate and intentional charge of dishonesty
against these 6 lawyers. Deliberately making a false accusation against
another member of the Bar is actionable not only in Singapore but also here
in California. The code of ethics of the State Bar of California forbids a
lawyer from doing so. I stand by what I have said and am prepared to defend
myself in the event of proceedings against me by these shaameful men.
Furthermore Mr. Hri Kumar has vast experience in defamation of character
cases. Libel in Singapore is libel here too.

My blog is widely read in Singapore and throughout the world. This post of
mine will be read by several thousand people in Singapore as well as
worldwide. In it, I have specifically and deliberately called Mr. Hri Kumar
and the others dishonest; they who have obtained the honor of Senior
Counsel, because they were dishonest, not because of their wisdom or their
skill.

I am interested to know if these men will take action either to report me to
the ethics committee of the Sate Bar of California or to commence a
defamation action either in Singapore and try to enforce it in California
courts or to commence action here in California.

Or are their abilities only confined within the bounds of the small island
of Singapore with its repressive dictatorial undemocratic government! Where
loyalty to Lee Kuan Yew alone is sufficient for success. My name and contact
particulars appear very clear below for the easy reference of these, so
called, Senior Counsel.

It will be interesting to see what these men will do! If they take no
action, should we assume that they are not confident of success outside the
confines of Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore island? Perhaps they are not such great
lawyers after all!

I practiced law in Singapore from 1981 to 1991, about 10 years. I am sure,
had I remained in Singapore, I would never have been made a Senior Counsel.
In fact I would be lucky if I could have had stayed out of prison!

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: ***@us-immigrationlaw.com
2008-01-10 02:58:31 UTC
Like you! He also run road ?
Fax: 510 657 6914
p***@gmail.com
2008-01-10 08:06:29 UTC
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
[...]
You are a typical snake. After using the resources of Singapore to
develop yourself, you then run away to a faraway place and shoot
arrows at the hands that had fed you. Why didn't you stay on and fight
in Singapore? You think you are somebody now that you are in the
States. There are a lot to be put right in the US judiciary system
too. Let us see how you will deal with that. If the US kick you out,
you will be shooting arrows at it from another place.
truth
2008-01-10 08:53:16 UTC
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
[...]
U must be talking thru u ass. Just look at those who stayed behind
to take on LKY and the conclusion is clear to all except the pap
asslickers.
The only thing LKY is afraid of is those Singaporeans who are
beyond the reach of his evil empire.
Dalai Baru
2008-01-15 02:09:04 UTC
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
[...]
WP boss Lim is still alive n kicking
So is Chiam See Tong
So is JBJ: his son is even made SC n Pres of Law Society. JBJ may be
bankrupted but he came out of it n many 33% respect him for the good
fights - such respect will not be given to those who mess things up
and ran off to USA, Canada or Oz becos they are the real coward. No
balls!
truth
2008-01-15 03:13:59 UTC
Post by Dalai Baru
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
[...]
Some of these people are tolerated by LKY in order to validify his
claim of democracy in Singapore.
After so many years and losing all his wealth, what has JBJ achieved ?
p***@gmail.com
truth
2008-01-10 08:53:46 UTC
U r a ass licking snake.
wlaoye
2008-01-10 09:15:24 UTC
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
[...]
read more »
Gopalan Nair is a typical snaky Indian racist. I have read his blog.
He is only aware of Chinese coming to Singapore but blind to hordes of
Indians doing so too. He is concerned about scholarships being given
to Chinese but is blind to Indians given Singapore's scholarships too.
SIA, Singapore's international airline, provides scholarship to
Indians only, when an Indian, Pillay, was its head. He complains about
Chinese new arrivals who don't speak Chinese. He is blind to whole
generations of Indians coming in, including old grandparents who don't
speak a word of English. Those massive number of foreign labourers
from Indian don't speak a word of English too.

Typical snake. While he himself has run to a safe haven, he instigates
others to take on the authority here. How snaky.

This chap is so stupid. While he is showing his racial affinity for
his fellow Indians in Singapore so strongly from faraway, he expects
Singaporean Chinese to forget their racial affinity and work with the
Malays and Indians against Chinese from China. What's more, he wants
the Malays and Indians to work together against the Chinese when
Indians are protesting against ill-treatment by Malays in Malaysia. I
suppose he agrees with what the Malays do to the Indians in Malaysia.

Singapore has to be very careful about letting Indians in so freely as
it is now. There will be many like Gopalan Nair among them - snaky
Indian racist. With Indians like this among the population, an Indian
as President, possibly an Indian as PM, and the Indian navy stationed
here, the Chinese is going to be finished. People in power should act,
and act fast. Wake up from your idealism.
truth
2008-01-10 12:35:01 UTC
From ur posting, u look to me to be even more racist than what u
claimed Gopalan to be.
He has no choice but to fight LKY outside Singapore. If LKY
and his lapdogs want Singaporeans to fight LKY in Singapore,
then they have to get their master to play fair and introduce genuine
neutral and independent empires.
What is the point of fighting in an arena where everything is controlled
by LKY. The judges, the empires, the time keepers, the regulators are
all controlled by LKY. Even the audience, lightings, floor, walls, ceiling
are
rigged to favour LKY. LKY is 1000% guarantee to win.